Learning for Life Programme (LLP)
Focus: Strengthening Resilience, Character and Leadership through Sports Education
LLP Desired Outcomes
- Develop a keen interest in physical activity and heathy living and be equipped with knowledge and transferable skills to allow for life-long participation in sporting or outdoor activities.
- Demonstrate resilience, school values, SE Competencies and 21CC within and beyond school.
- Display leadership competencies such as Self Leadership, Peer Leadership and Community Leadership & Developmental Leadership.
- Develop a strong sense of belonging, love & rootedness to the school and Singapore.
The Learning for Life Programme (LLP) in EVG is a 4/5 year programme that focuses on Strengthening Resilience, Character and Leadership through Sports Education in all students. A 3 tiers approach is adopted, ranging from school-wide programmes to specific interest or ability groups. With this programme, we aim to nurture all our students to become thinking and caring leaders who takes personal responsibility for maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle.
TIER 1: EDUCATE a Broad-Base through PE curriculum
- Broad-based PE curriculum that uses the Character and Leadership Development through Sports (CLDS) framework co-created with Sports Singapore to guide the explicit teaching of values during PE lessons.
- ICT-based health lessons are also infused into the PE curriculum to increase student engagement and promote lifelong learning.
- The EVG Student Leadership & Outdoor Experiential Programme draw out real world insights and authentic applications of lessons on resilience and leadership through outdoor programmes such as:
- EVG Road Run
- Sec 1 Camp Confidence (Theme: Knowing and Leading Yourself)
- Sec 2 Camp Dynamism (Theme: Working in Teams, Leading Others)
- Sec 3 Camp Resilience (Theme: Leading in the Community)
- Games Organisation Module at Sec4/5
TIER 2: INSPIRE Promising Students through CCA platforms
Programmes for students with higher interest and ability
- Sports & PE Leaders Programme to widen general knowledge of sporting world beyond technical knowledge of own game through Learning Journeys to sporting establishments (Sports Hub Tour and Sports Museum)
- Sports Enrichment Modules covering injury management, sports nutrition, physical strength training and mental training for all sports CCAs during EVG Sports Camp. Application opportunities in the 3 key platforms for students to demonstrate competency and interest at EVG Sports Carnival, EVG Friendly Futsal, and Olympic Week.
- Specialised Fitness and Conditioning for all student athletes through access to Cross Country Trainings
TIER 3: SPECIALISE the training for talented students in attachments or programmes through Partners
- EVG Sports Leaders Development Programme, piloting with Sport Singapore from 2017
- Overseas exposure for elite school athletes with National Sports Associations etc (e.g. National Rugby Academy Under 16 Select Team)
- Poly elective modules (AEM & EMs) for students who are interested to pursue further studies in sports.