Aesthetics, D&T and NFS
The Aesthetics, Design & Technology and Nutrition & Food SciencesThe Aesthetics, D&T, NFS Department planned its arts programme through its Lower Secondary Art, Music and Food & Consumer Education Curriculum and through a school-wide E3 Aesthetics Framework that encompasses Exposure, Empowerment and Expression programmes.
Vision:A vibrant arts culture that promotes creativity and critical thinking; and arts creation and appreciation.
Mission:Develop the learning and appreciation for the arts and design through creative thinking, innovative skills and passion for the arts and design, engaging the hearts, hands and heads, to build confidence and bonding among EVGians.
- Recognising and catering to individual talents, interests, strengths and aspirations
- Nurturing thinking individuals : developing creativity and critical thinking as important life skills
- Connecting students with their community and culture: appreciating Singapore arts and culture
- Developing self-identity: Creating opportunities for student expression and a deeper understanding of self (fostering confidence and sense of achievement)
- Fostering positive values (Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Integrity
Strategy:Level-wide Aesthetics Curriculum and E3 programme:
Curriculum (Lower Secondary Art, Music and Food & Consumer Education)
Exposure (engaging interest)
Empowerment (learn & perform)
Expression (heighten appreciation through expression)
Click here to find out more about our School Wide Aesthetics Curriculum and E3 Programme