Achievements and performances
- Achieved Certificate of Distinction in Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2017
- Performed for Istana Open House on 9th February 2016 (2nd day of Chinese New Year) ---By invitation only.
- Achieved Certificate of Distinction in Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2015
- Achieved Certificate of Distinction in Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2013
- Achieved Gold with Honours in Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging in 2009 and 2011.
- Achieved Silver in Singapore Youth Festival Central Judging in 2007.
- Performed in “Our People, Our Music” concert organized by Singapore Chinese Orchestra (SCO) on 28 June 2014.
- Performed in River Hongbao 2012.
- Performed in North Zone NE Learning Festival 2012
- Performed in International Conference on Teaching and Learning with Technology (iCTLT) 2012 at Suntec Convention Centre
- Performed in World Orchid Conference 2011 at Gardens By the Bay
- Performed in various school events, i.e. National Day Parade, Chinese New Year Celebration, Secondary 1 CCA Orientation.Photo Gallery
Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2017
We are very proud to announce that in this year’s Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (Secondary) 2017, EVG Chinese Orchestra obtained the Certificate of Distinction.
The Set piece was The Flame (焰火) by Benjamin Lim (林亿) and the Choice piece was Ava Mountain (阿瓦山) by Guo Wenjing (郭文景).
Evergreen Secondary Chinese Orchestra Performance at Istana Open House on 9th February 2016 (2nd day of Chinese New Year)
Led by our
conductor Mr Zhan Yong Ming, the orchestra performed the ever-popular Chinese
New Year songs: 新春乐 (Joy of New Year), 新年快樂 (Happy Chinese New
Year) and 花好月圆 (Full-bloomed Flowers under the Full Moonlight) to
resounding rounds of applause and cheers from the audience. The harmonious
and lively combination of our instruments replicated the joyous and festive atmosphere of the lunar New Year that
was enjoyed by those who were present.
The highlight of our performance was when our President, Dr Tony Tan and our First Lady, Mrs Mary Tan, appeared to grace our performance with their presence. It was a great honour to be able to play for them, and all of us were caught in an upswept state of happiness and pride as our beloved President clapped along with the festive beat of the songs.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our gracious audience, parents and family members, Principal Mrs Carol Lim, HODs Mr Viknes and James Ng for supporting us at the event. It was an exciting and enriching experience that the teachers and students will remember for a long time to come!
Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation 2015We are very proud to announce that in this year 2015 Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation (Secondary), our EVG Chinese Orchestra obtained Certificate of Distinction. Winds Crescenti (渐快的凉风) is the set piece our EVG Chinese Orchestra had performed at 2015 Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Chinese Orchestra Presentation. The Choice piece is Jasmine flower 茉莉花.
Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation
Our People Our Music in Year 2014
Evergreen Secondary School Chinese Orchestra (CO) had been invited to perform in “Our People, Our Music” concert organized by Singapore Chinese Orchestra (SCO) on 28 June 2014. This concert was held in the newly-built National Stadium, Singapore Sports Hub. It is a great honour Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong graces this momentous event as the Guest-of-Honour.
The objective of this concert is to showcase and develop Chinese orchestra talents with at least 3000 Chinese Orchestra players. Our EVG CO students had the great opportunity to interact together with other players from various schools, clan associations, organizations and community clubs.
Choreographed by SCO’s Music Director, Tsung Yeh, the concert programme showcased the passion and best wishes of the people for Singapore. The concert opened with Richard Strauss’s Also sprach Zarathustra, Op 30. Kuan Nai-chung’s Blue Memories – Teresa Teng Golden Hits Medley. Vowed by Vincent Ng’s martial arts performance, he performed with live music by the mega orchestra in the theme song from movie “Once Upon A Time in China” – A Man Should Stand Strong. SCO’s Young Assistant Conductor-in-Resident, Moses Gay, led the mega Erhu ensemble to break the Guinness World Records and Singapore Book of Records for the largest Erhu ensemble in Huang Hai Huai’s Horse Racing, with piano accompaniment by young Singaporean pianist Clarence Lee. Under the baton of SCO’s Resident Conductor Quek Ling Kiong, he performed Power Singapura with the largest broke the Guinness World Records and Singapore Book of Records for the largest Chinese drum ensemble. The finale piece is a song that every Singaporean sang-along – theme song for 1998’s National Day Parade – Home. The composer, Dick Lee, sang live with the mega orchestra, to lead the 30,000 audience to the climactic moment of the concert theme “Our Home – Singapore!”